25 Jun COOKING CLASS IN A TRADITIONAL FISH TAVERN
Learn the secrets behind an authentic Greek meal in the scenery of a blooming garden.
Discover the local flavors through this cooking class and get to know how some delicious traditional dishes are prepared. Under the guidance of our instructor you will prepare tasty home – made dishes (greek salad, ‘’riganada’’, fish soup) which are an integral part of the local gastronomy. Using only daily fresh products you will get the opportunity to pick vegetables and aromatic herbs directly from the garden, taste home-made ‘feta’ cheese, extra virgin olive oil and wine from the owner’s vineyard.
While cooking you will hear stories about fishing and the origins of the dishes that you prepare. You will walk around the tavern where you will be shown some fishing tools. As soon as the meal is ready, you sit down to enjoy the fruits of your labor complemented by local wine. Start with your appetizers – ‘riganada’(bread with tomato and small fish), ‘tzatziki’, greek fish – roe dip – and salad to continue with delicious fish soup and a lovely dessert.
- Introduction and welcome drink.
- Vegetables picking from our own garden.
- Hands – on cooking.
- Hearing stories about fishing.
- Wine tasting.
- Savor the freshly made dinner accompanied with local wine.
- Receive written recipes and lots of tips to take back home.
What is included in this tour?
- 4-course meal and drinks.
- All ingredients for your dinner.
- English speaking instructor.
- Small group cooking class.
- Written recipes.
What is not included in this tour?
- Gratuities (optional).
- Additional food or drinks.
- From 45 €
- Monday, Wednesday: 17:30 – 20:30
- Meeting point: Psaropoula tavern in Tsoukalades
- Transportation available under request
- Group size: 6 max